Monday, September 6, 2010

8/31

I had the students in Theory walk up to the whiteboard to complete review exercises of basic rhythm and not names, I think they enjoyed the activity.  I really enjoyed one moment when I was writing some music on the board with errors in each measure for them to identify (I had not told them yet what the purpose was of what I was writing), and not a moment after I drew the first bar line a student said, "Wait!  There's something wrong with the first measure!"  Awesome.

With a Lily in Your Hand (Eric Whitacre) - Polyphony (iTunes)

I forget earlier to mention that we have a daily listening journal activity for the GM classes, similar in nature to my Theory ritual.  Today we played the William Tell Overture (Gioachino Rossini) for them, followed by this:



They loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment