Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/14

We guided the GM students in using laptops to play music games from MusicTechTeacher.  I actually witnessed a lot more learning happening than I expected to, so I was happy.  They loved one game in which they could create a likeness of a face that would become a person that would be flung from a catapult in a barrel once they completed a number of music questions.  They made faces of me and Mrs. D.

At the end of the day Mrs. D and I were around just a few students and one of them asked, "Have you ever sat down to watch TV and forgotten to turn it on?"  I found that to be hilarious, yet also quite a possibility for this girl, which then made me sad.  I can't speak definitively on her potential, her interests, or her future (it would be shameful for me to figuratively box up a student in that way), but she does not seem to have the standard mental fortitude of a student her age.  I imagine most everyone knows of the young girls that pretend to be silly, frantic, and ditzy for attention — well, this girl isn't pretending.  In a similar way to the boy I talked about yesterday, I think she could accomplish the most if she had the opportunity to focus on just a few things in depth, instead of having to spread out her attention over an overwhelming number of subjects.  I think she gets lost in them.


Symphony No. 7 In A Major, Op. 92: II. Allegretto (Beethoven) - London Symphony Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment