Friday, December 17, 2010

12/17 - Last Day of Student Teaching

Wow.  It's over.

Mrs. D was amazing.  We had almost too much fun together and both learned from the experience.  She became a friend well beyond that of a typical cooperating teacher, and I'm confident that our personal and professional relationship will last for a long time.

I look forward to getting paid for this kind of work.  I'll miss these kids and this faculty, but I'm excited to be done with this culmination of my training, and want to earn money for it.  Currently, it seems likely that I will be a substitute for this school district, particularly for music classes.

The Pedagogic Verses are not over (mostly because it would be a waste of such a great blog title)!  From this point forward, however, I will not be making daily posts.  I will continue to make regular updates (though it's hard to predict at exactly what rate), and the focus will continue to be on reflections of important/strange/unexpected educationally related events, news, storytelling, and music sharing.  I may occasionally rant about something only tangentially related to education, but I'll include my perspective as a teacher where it applies.

Readers, friends, thank you for your support and input.  I hope that you'll continue to visit (perhaps a slower rate of posting will make it easier to keep up)!


Nanie, Op. 82 (Johannes Brahms) - Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus
Suzie - Boy Kill Boy
Scarlet Fever - Cee Lo Green
1, 2, 3 of Op. 48, Dichterliebe (Robert Schumann) - Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Six Chansons (Paul Hindemith) - Westminster Choir

No comments:

Post a Comment