Thursday, December 16, 2010

12/16

Today was mostly spent saying goodbye to students and faculty.  Tomorrow I'll be on a trip with the show choir right after Choir and Theory.

I played a bunch of Simon & Garfunkel for Theory today, since they were insufficiently familiar with the iconic duo.  Instead of posting links to all of those at the bottom of today's post, you'll find a link to a song I played for General Music.

The middle school kids all wished me well, and wrote quite a collection of goodbye notes on the white board.  In saying goodbye to the faculty, and mentioning to some of them that I'm applying to be a sub for them in the spring, they seemed to all want me back.  I'm happy with the impression I made.

To dutifully include some pedagogical thought in this post, I noticed that the insane GM class was slightly less insane today than on average.  Yet, as I stood in the back and observed Mrs. D take over the teaching, I couldn't help but feel a touch of relief that it wasn't just me that they acted crazy for, it was Mrs. D, too.  These kids are bonkers.


Bright Lights Bigger City - Cee Lo Green

No comments:

Post a Comment